For most women, having proportionate breast size and fullness is an essential part of feeling normal, feminine, self-confident, and attractive. Yet for many of these same women the size and/or shape of their breasts do not fit their self-image. Breast augmentation and breast lift surgery can help women achieve the appearance they desire.
Breast augmentation continues to be the most popular cosmetic surgical procedure among women. According to The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery National Databank Statistics, 286,649 breast augmentation surgeries were performed in the United States in 2014. Breast lift is a less popular procedure (only 132,908 breast lift procedures were performed in 2014 by comparison), but still a necessary one for many women who desire a shapelier breast.
Breast augmentation increases the size of the breast and enhances breast fullness and shape. Many saline and silicone gel breast implant options (in numerous shapes, several projections and a multitude of sizes) are available to provide breasts that look and feel natural. A breast augmentation increases breast size and expands the skin envelope.
Women chose to have breast implants for one or more of the following reasons:
– Because their breasts never developed to a size and shape that met their expectations.
– To increase the volume and contour of underdeveloped breasts.
– To improve the size and shape of constricted or tuberous breasts.
– To bring balance and symmetry to a breast that is smaller than the other.
– To restore natural breast fullness and contour that has been lost following pregnancy and nursing, weight loss, or as a result of aging.
– To help balance their body shape for a more proportionate overall silhouette.
– To improve self-image and self-confidence when wearing a swimsuit or formfitting top.
A breast lift, also called a mastopexy, improves the appearance and shape of sagging breasts. A breast lift is designed to remove excess breast skin, reshape the breast by tightening the skin envelope, and uplift the nipple-areolar complex so it is centered over the breast mound. A breast lift creates a more youthful appearance without an increase in breast size
Women chose to have a breast lift when they have excess breast skin, drooping breasts, and/or loss of upper breast fullness after pregnancy and breast-feeding, following a significant weight loss, or due to natural aging and the force of gravity. A breast augmentation may be performed along with a breast lift if the breasts are small or have lost significant volume.
Every woman has her individual reasons for seeking a breast enhancement procedure. If you are considering whether a breast augmentation or a breast lift can best achieve the look you desire, contact us to discuss which surgery is right for you. Following a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Dembny you will be able to make an educated decision that will positively impact your body, your health, and your life.